Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Uh, hello warm weather

On the one hand, it's January and I'm wearing shorts and a tank top.

On the other hand, I'm over a thousand miles away from my mom, dad and siblings. I originally was going to write "my family" but realized that's not true. My family is right here with me; my husband and Silas. But it doesn't make the pain any less real when I miss where I came from.

But seriously. Tank top and shorts. I went outside wearing this outfit and sandals and did not instantly freeze to death or catch frostbite. It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that it is January. When my family visited here for new years, we had a few days in the low 50s. My mom bought me two sweaters for when the weather would get a little colder, as it does on occasion. The weather retaliated with this.

The obvious pros include the increased comfort level of being able to have the windows open - the windows open in January! - and not having to wear all sorts of sweatshirts and blankets. The downside is the fact that I'm still getting bit by mosquitoes in January.

It's not that I want to use our heater. It's just that I'm terrified this means the summer will hit 100 degrees and stay there starting in March or something equally crazy. It's just that I don't know how to process the fact that Silas won't see snow for at least the first year of his life, if not longer.

But, I am enjoying the day in itself. I am reveling in my shorts and tank top, and I'll let the weather related problems be an issue for future Dani.

No comments:

Post a Comment