Saturday, January 28, 2012

I can't even write a title to my blog post!

Yikes. I have a few things I want to write about - my house being a lizard hotel, for example, or the one time I was employee of the month mostly because the person they wanted to be employee of the month hadn't worked there long enough yet. I think about these topics and try to write funny statements and then when it comes time to actually sit down and write, I can't do it.

I'm not sure why I have this mental block right now, but it's a lot worse than it has been before when I tried to write. I sit down with plenty of free time to write and then find myself jumping up almost instantly - oh, I could go get started on laundry early or you know, those lunch dishes probably should be washed right now. And even though we won't go grocery shopping for two more days, I should probably start the list. Heck, it's been what? Two weeks since I bathed the dogs? Maybe Sophie needs to practice her crazy eyes. And you know what I really think is fun anyhow? Dusting. I should probably go dig out my duster. I think it's, you know, somewhere.

And then before I know it, I'm up and away from my computer, doing anything but writing. This past month has been somewhat busy and I guess I've been anxious about what is to come this year, but the main point I want to make is that I do want to continue to share stories and my ideas here and I'll continue to try, and I'm sorry that I'm not doing so with any regularity at this point. February marks the start of my sixth month of blogging and if I want to become world famous in two years, I have to stay on track. So in the meantime, here is a totally non-funny picture of a lizard. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment