Thursday, October 27, 2011

Left Turns and Me

Now that I've had my drivers license for a touch over half a decade, I feel I am becoming more qualified to comment on driving.

Actually, who am I kidding? I would have commented the first time I drove if I had a nifty blog like this one to write in.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it - I could never be a NASCAR driver. Their lives consist of turning left and my life consists of being terrified of left turns.

You know that feeling that you get when an impatient driver is all up on your bumper behind you? A sort of "please don't let this guy be one of the crazy types who will crash into me just to prove a 'point'... please let this person be a reasonable driver who just happens to want to get to point B faster than I am letting him..." monologue that plays vaguely in the back of your head. This plays in my head constantly and no time more than when I need to make a left turn without the aid of a turning light.

Some people are able to just shrug it off and make left turns without a care in the world. I wish I was that person. I am not.

I actively avoid left turns to the point that I'm starting to think I should just give up and become a UPS driver.

Edit: If this seems familiar to you, it's because I wrote it a few days earlier and just realized I had accidentally published it then instead of waiting til today. But I'm still counting it as a post for today! Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment