Monday, October 29, 2012

Let me describe what is happening by my feet. Also, Chipotle

I'm sitting at my computer and I've laid Silas down on a blanket next to me. Sherlock is curled up at his feet and Sophie is lying down by his side. They are all asleep (although one wrong noise and the dogs'll be up like rockets) and adorable. I want to take a picture but the room is of course somewhat dim and I don't want to turn on the lights and wake everyone up.

I've noticed that I've been craving Chipotle burritos a lot lately. First off, the college-side place has super mild carnitas, which I love. Seriously, I have ranted before about how nothing at Chipotle worked for me and it was basically all based on spice. This location seems to have milder carnitas.

Ok, tangent about meat aside, I've been craving the heck out of Chipotle. I think that it stems from the fact that I don't have a ton of time to prepare meals for myself during the day - well, that's a bit misleading. Silas sleeps a lot still, but I can't always predict when he'll wake up exactly and sometimes I lose track of time of how long I've sat with him while he sleeps. In any case, I don't have time to prepare much and those burritos have a mega-ton amount of carbs backed up by beans and meat for protein and so my body figures, what the heck - we'll get it all at once.

I discussed the possibility of going on a Chipotle burrito a day type diet, but I don't think it'd work out. Pricewise, if a burrito was the only thing I ate, it wouldn't be ridiculously budget busting, but I think I'd need to have a few more calories than the 800-900 or so they provide and that costs money. Also I'd get tired of them. And other reasons, I'm sure. But at the moment, they seem like a great choice.

You would think this would mean I'd figure out a way to make them at home. I mean, seriously, they're not reinventing the wheel in terms of food prep. But I guess it seems daunting. I'm going to hit the internet and look for a replica recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment