Monday, February 25, 2013

Why am I not making flashcards?

I need to make some more muscle flashcards - I need to know by next week all of the muscles and what they are responsible for. At the same time, I want to update my blog. Silas is sleeping and I've been sitting here for half an hour doing neither. Whoops!

(Make that forty five minutes. Procrastination has hit in the form of re-reading the archives of a favorite webcomic).

In just over a week, I will have hit my first "breastfeeding goal" which is six months of exclusive breastfeeding. I did feed Silas rice cereal for the first time a week or two back, and probably will try to work on that this coming week but by definition, Silas's foodsource has exclusively been breastmilk. (Solids take some time to actually become meals for babies). I think I've said it before, and it remains true - I love that I am able to do something my body is designed to do and that it is working out perfectly.

It has been raining on and off for a few days here and while I'm not thrilled about the amount of puddling we're getting, I do like being able to fall asleep to the sound of rain. I also enjoy being able to fall back asleep to the sound of rain again and again when Silas wakes me up multiple times during the night to breastfeed. And/or cry from teething pain.

Anyhow. Totally worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment