Saturday, February 9, 2013

Those rough teething days

Yesterday afternoon, I could have kicked myself. After Silas woke up from a fitful nap, I decided to run by the store with him. Silas typically enjoys looking at the colorful displays and multitudes of people, and it was almost guaranteed to calm him down. Indeed, he was so happy at the store that I strolled up and down extra aisles, secretly hoping he might fall back asleep.
He didn't, so eventually, we paid for our items and left.

When we got home, I noticed his eyes beginning to droop and here is where I made the critical mistake of thinking that I should take him out of his carseat and put him in his crib to sleep. I don't know what made my brain misfire so badly as to not just let him sleep where he was comfortable, but the next thing I know, Silas was back to fussing and crying in his crib and any idea of a nap was firmly out of his mind.

Enter another half hour of walking and soothing him enough that he could nurse himself back to sleep. He did nap for a bit, but it was too late. The two truncated afternoon naps added up to a lack of sleep that left him inconsolable in the evening hours.

Luckily, today seems to be off to a better start!


No comments:

Post a Comment