Wednesday, May 30, 2012

This being pregnant thing is exhausting.

Or it could be the voluntary overtime hours that I'm allowed to work this month. In any case, I've been very lucky to be sleeping soundly through the night.

I'm at about 23 weeks and 2 days which is soundly past the halfway mark, even if I go overdue (please don't let that be the case). I have moments of being nervous but somehow manage to realize that taking it one day at a time is the best way to avoid stressing out. Also, I've had to get over the disappointment that I can no longer burst into song when someone asks how far along I am.

So far it seems like heartburn is my biggest complaint. I don't particularly enjoy feeling my esophagus being bathed in acid, especially when I don't eat spicy food to begin with. However, heartburn has shown me that where this is a will, there is a way and even drinking a cup of water can trigger that horrible burn.

In other news, my dad has updated my status from "pregnant with hamster" to "pregnant with 'the creature from Alien'". I'm, uh, thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment