Thursday, March 28, 2013

Oatmeal

On and off for the past six months, I've been having a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, usually topped with a sprinkle of brown sugar and some Smart Balance buttery spread. Today's bowl of oatmeal was perfect. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's overcooked oatmeal. If there's another thing I can't stand, it's soupy oatmeal.

In between those extremes, there's a perfect consistency of oatmeal to be achieved and today, it was achieved.

Some days, it's not achieved. Those days make me sad, but it is the nature of working with something as volatile as oatmeal and not using a measuring cup to parcel out proper amounts of oats and water. I know the risks every morning when I open that can of Publix brand oatmeal.

For anyone who was wondering, I do still have more baby travel tales to relate, but they have unfortunately taken a back seat to being back at school. I found a nursing program that I can complete in a year if I get accepted, so making sure I have all A's is more important than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment