Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Am I addicted to the Food Network?

Smiley and I got rid of cable a few months ago now, and for the most part, I haven't missed it. But, every so often, when I'm home alone and the house is quiet, I find myself desperately wishing I could turn on the TV and just have some random background noise. With Netflix, I feel like I have to pick something I want to watch and so I don't just turn it on. Or I do, but then I watch it instead because I feel obligated since it took more steps than just turning on the TV (I have to turn on the Xbox and then sign into the profile - the HUMANITY!)

So, apparently, the cable company has its claws deep within my brain. Luckily, I also enjoy trying to save money, so for now, the battle is not a hard one at all. Just every so often, I wonder if this is what it's like when someone gives up smoking and then a couple months later, has a random craving. I am lucky that getting cable back is not as easy as going to the store for a pack of cigarettes. Also, I see why it's really hard to stop smoking.

Uh, so I guess the moral of the story is - don't pay a ton for cable and also don't do drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment