Monday, February 20, 2012

Another extremely short HGTV rant - confusing priorities part 1

Oh HGTV. You never fail to provide me with entertainment.

So I understand that people have different priorities in life than me and that's fine. If everyone thought like me, then no one would ever live downtown, or in a townhouse, and then the prices of single family homes would go through the roof and I'd have to live in the dirt lot across from where I live now and bury my milk in the sand to keep it fresh.

But when someone's priorities seem to conflict within their own parameters - that's when I find amusement. Today's example is show in which a couple was looking for a house with plans of starting a family in the near future, so they examined many properties with an eye towards baby safeness.

When shown a house with a split floor plan (the master bedroom was on the other side of the house from the other bedrooms), the wife began to fret about how that would just not do when they had children.

Then, the couple went outside to the backyard and oohed and ahhed over a large in-ground pool. A pool that had no fence around it and was steps away from the backdoor of the house. And yet not a peep was said about safety. I don't know. I feel like I'm missing something here as is so often the case when HGTV is involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment