Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spambots, I'm pregnant

It's been quiet on the blog front; I know. I just thought I'd let my loyal spambots know why. It's this awkward period of time, where I'm due in September and I've just been exhausted and sleeping in so much of my spare time.

It's not good. My plan to become internet famous in two years seems to be set back something fierce by this lack of motivation to write, at a time when I could really use some internet fame to help pay for a kid that, as the internet loves to tell me, will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to raise. Oh well. In the meantime, I'm going to talk about another commercial I don't care for.

There's this diaper commercial (and these ads) touting this one diaper brand's "heavy dooty blowout protection." Ugh. Look, I get it. In less than seven months, I'm going to have a baby. And the baby is going to poop. Sometimes, the baby is going to poop and there is going to be poop everywhere. I understand that this is just a part of taking care of a baby.

What I don't understand is why your commercial has to depict this act even in a cartoon, tv-friendly form. And again, I get what you are going for; you want to assure me that, should I select your brand, I will be protected from the potential mess. But cartoon babies blowing up their diapers and getting a score from a panel of other babies ... well, I just want to let you know that this is not associating your brand with a positive feeling.

Honestly, as cliche as it stands, cute, smiling babies sharing a moment with family and friends are the best way to imprint a positive image to me with your brand. Just saying.

And also, I'll be getting the diapers that are the cheapest no matter what, so I guess it doesn't really matter what your commercials do.

No comments:

Post a Comment